Media Community Officer
Victorian Farmers Federation
Be part of a team that makes a difference
Victoria's premier farmer lobby – the Victorian Farmers Federation - is seeking a Stakeholder Media and Communications Advisor to increase our stakeholder engagement across all spectrums. This includes engagement and delivery via traditional media outlets as well as co-ordinating and delivery of engaging social media and media campaigns in collaboration across the VFF.
About the role
The Stakeholder Media and Communications Advisor coordinates VFF media relations and provides strategic advice to support VFF communication activities across VFF business units. This position will assist in the development, coordination, and implementation of the Victorian Farmers Federation’s communications strategy, to effectively influence and promote the views of the Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF) to governments, industry and the wider community.
The Stakeholder Media and Communications Advisor is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of engaging social media and media campaigns to promote the targeted activities and initiatives of the VFF, and development of key messages on priority advocacy areas in collaboration with business unit speacialists. Ensuring the integrity of the VFF brand underpins all activities within this role.
Core activities include:
- Act as the central coordination point for all VFF media activity, developing and maintaining productive relationships with key media and media advisor contacts. Including VFF social media co-ordination, develop compelling social media campaigns to drive activities and initiatives of the VFFalong with communication campaigns utilising other platforms
- Write and distribute press releases, e-newsletters, speeches, briefing papers, magazine articles. Write and source content for the VFF’s Vic Farmer Magazine publication and oversee production. With support of specialist VFF business units.
- Create vlogs and blogs that tell the story of Victorian farmers that connects consumers with professional food and fibre production in Victoria
- Monitor the media landscape to track and identity issues to manage and monitor campaigns or activities that could prompt media discussion and encourage better engagement with the VFF
- Assist in the development of communications strategies, including issues management and campaigns to shape community, industry & government perceptions of Victorian regional and agricultural issues
- Communication with farmers and other rural based communities using contemporary and traditional platforms.
- Support the Stakeholder Policy and Advocacy team to ensure relevant industry messaging is developed and circulated across campaigns and initiatives. Support the Events Coordinator across the calendar of events to deliver promotional and event campaigns that represent the VFF and its value to industry.
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will ideally have relevant tertiary qualifications in communications, PR, Marketing or a related discipline. Knowledge and understanding of the agricultural sector would be highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in media relations, public relations, contemporary communication, social media or journalism. Experience in delivering media campaigns with impact and outcomes of change or action
- The ability to effectively communicate across different platforms, develop compelling and engaging messages to farmers, media, politicians and the community is a prerequisite for selection to this role. Ability to design effective media and social media campaign to promote industry issues
- Managing media sensitive issues and crises whilst exercising discretion and sound judgment. Resilience with the ability to manage media messaging and communications in relation to issues that may be distressing at times
- Ability to comfortably manage multiple projects and competing timeframes
- Drivers licence
Remuneration commensurate with experience
The position description for this role can be found at www.vff.org.au/careers/
Applicants must address the selection criteria in the position description in their application.
For more information contact the VFF Workplace Relations Department on 1300 442 481 or email@example.com
Applications close COB Monday 5 June 2018