Flowers Victoria Marketing & Events Coordinator
Be part of a team that makes a difference
About the role
The Flowers Victoria Marketing and Events Coordinator is responsible for creating and delivering the Flowers Victoria component of the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show, along with engaging with flower grower and florists and delivering impactful flower focused consumer campaigns. This is an exciting opportunity to join the VFF Engagement and Communication team with an immediate start.
- Develop campaigns across the year that harness the consumer engagement derived from the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show
- Develop, implement and communicate the Flowers Victoria strategic plan and communication strategy, and manage the Flowers Victoria budget
- Regular early morning visits to Melbourne Market to meet florists and connect with members
- Regular grower visits to connect with and gather the support of flower growers
- Engage with members through regular social media posts, monthly newsletters, website blogs and member profiles, and the national Australian Flower Industry magazine
- Provide members with updates on relevant policy and advocacy undertaken by the Victorian Farmers Federation
- Promote the role and value of Flowers Victoria memberships to members and encourage new membership across the flower industry
- Provide secretarial support to the Flowers Victoria committee including undertaking actions and tasks as directed by the committee and arrange the AGM
- Collaborate across the flower industry – growers, florists, wholesale markets, service providers – to create high impact cost effective campaigns
The role is a permanent part time role, 3 days per week, with flexibility to increase hours in the lead up to the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show.
Skills and experience:
Ideally you will have experience in event planning, delivering contemporary cost effective campaigns, and engaging with stakeholders as a prerequisite for this role.
Other skills required include:
- Marketing especially using social media platforms
- Communication with growers and florists using contemporary and traditional platforms
- Ability to work with and deliver actions to committees
- Confidence to liaise with senior executives, members, office bearers and staff
- Ability to work with and understand member values and the role of a membership organisation
- Computer literacy including website updates and EDMs
- Knowledge of the flower industry is desirable
- Drivers licence
The salary range is $65,000 - $70,000 per annum (pro-rated for 3 days per week) plus superannuation, commensurate with knowledge and experience.
The key selection criteria can be found in the position description attached.
For more information contact the VFF Workplace Relations Department on 1300 442 481 or email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Monday 22 January 2018